Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 9: PURE CARDIO

I weighed myself this morning and I was shocked to see I’m down to 115.5 from 118, in nine days. It’s probably been a year since I’ve been down that far, and I’m wearing a pair of jeans that have been uncomfortably tight and thus ignored for many months. I was excited.

However, I have been so tired in the evenings and at night lately. I have been falling asleep in front of the TV in the evening and I’ve been feeling like I need a nap in the afternoon. I’m not sure if I’ll adjust to this or if I’m doing something wrong, but maybe I need to re-evaluate my diet. I’ve been eating around 1,500 calories. The weird thing is that I’m someone who normally has an enormous appetite and Insanity has pretty much killed my appetite. I do get hungry, but that’s different. Usually at this point when I have PMS, I’m a complete sugar monster and it takes all my willpower not to go nuts. I guess part of it is I don’t want to negate all the hard work I’m doing. I’m having a really hard time forcing myself to eat so quickly after a workout, too. I know I need it to recover, but I hate to eat when I’m not hungry; it’s so against everything I’ve known and experienced before. Perhaps I need to look into something similar to their recovery drink. But ugh, sugar is the last thing I want right after a workout.

I had to take a break in the middle of Pure Cardio at about the same point as last week – at about 8:30 left. I had to take several breathers during this one and during some of the exercises – like suicide jumps – I have to go a lot slower than they do. I felt so heavy in my lower belly and pelvis and my stomach didn’t feel so great, so I knew this wasn’t going to be one of my best days with Insanity. But I did it. This one seems a lot shorter than the others and it feels like I worked less, probably because the meat of it is only 15 minutes, but today I decided not to tack on Cardio Abs. This is my last scheduled day to do Pure Cardio without Cardio Abs, plus … I have a massage scheduled shortly! It was a birthday gift, and it sure comes at a great time. Oh, and the cooldown song sounds like a Def Leppard ballad.

No soreness this week, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment