Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Day 1: FIT TEST (and CARDIO ABS!)

The amazing news is that not only did I complete the fitness test when I am not entirely well, but I gave the participants a run for their money. I am living proof that practicing yoga alone is a complete fitness program. I am going to miss my practice, but my results today make me think I should see this through as long as my joints cooperate. I should add that because this is bodyweight resistance training and some of it is somewhat similar to some of the yoga postures I practice, it probably explains why they are very doable for me.

SWITCH KICKS: 116
POWER JACKS: 48
POWER KNEES: 91
POWER JUMPS: 27
GLOBE JUMPS: 7
SUICIDE JUMPS: 17
PUSHUP JACKS: 20
LOW PLANK OBLIQUE: 75

Because I’m a glutton for punishment, I decided 25 minutes wasn’t enough exercise for the day so I did Cardio Abs as well. This is the 17-minute program that I now notice doesn’t appear until week 2. The warmup was really hard, especially because I was tired. Those tuck jumps are definitely my least favorite. But the ab section was quite doable and I’m already strong there.

I was very tired after this and dragged a bit the rest of the day. My hopes also sunk when I saw that I had five straight days ahead of me before a rest. I was also hungry for dinner a lot earlier. I am going to follow their fitness plan for the most part, with a couple of changes. I’m not buying their recovery drink. Second, I am mostly a vegetarian, and third, I do use stevia as a sweetener. I will cut out diet soda as they suggest (or at least, I’ll try!). I also did their calorie requirements calculation and I really don’t think I need to eat that much food. About 2,000 calories a day for weight loss seems too high for me, especially for only exercising for 35-ish minutes, no matter how intense it is. I don’t count calories usually, but tend to eat around 1,600 a day with my yoga practice if I’m trying to lean out a bit, so perhaps I’ll need a little more than that. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment