Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 10: PLYOMETRIC CARDIO CIRCUIT

This one is feeling familiar. I think that what gets me through any of these is that I have to break it into chunks mentally, and then it’s chewable. That’s how I overcome the dread factor. I see myself as getting through the warmup only. Then I know a couple of water breaks and a stretch are coming. After the stretch I’m rested and ready, and I know that I get breaks after 3-4 minutes. So I look at each little chunk as its own separate workout and don’t worry about what comes after. Then I find myself ready when it’s time.

I was feeling great this morning and had lots of steam for the warmup through the end of the first circuit, or pretty close. I even felt like I was able to add extra umph to some of the exercises. I lost steam, though, and modified lots through the last 10 minutes at least. I still probably did better overall than I did the last time I did this routine, and certainly better than I did yesterday. I think I might have slightly pulled a groin muscle, though. Darnit. My digestive system feels better today so I didn’t have the heavy feeling, and I motivated myself by wearing my hot pink yoga pants that I so love. The color somehow made me push harder.

One thing I hate about this is having to wear two bras, though. I might have to spend some money at Title 9 and get a decent sports bra. Amazingly, my oldish cross trainers are doing extremely well. Last week I had a little bit of pain in one of my arches at the end of the week, but that’s it. My feet, ankles, and knees feel good. So does my lower back. I have terrible bunions on my feet and I was worried about them too, but no pain whatsoever. So I won’t be replacing my shoes just yet, thankfully.

Tomorrow is cardio recovery day, and I’m so happy. Maybe tomorrow I won’t be exhausted all day. Yesterday I had to take a nap at 3 p.m., despite that I really didn’t have time to do so. It was an overwhelming need. I e-mailed a guy whose Insanity blog I’ve been following who’s a couple of weeks ahead of me to ask about the fatigue, and I’ll post if he gives me any good tips.

I think I will do the Cardio Recovery routine tomorrow as prescribed. I’m continually tempted to replace it with a yoga day which I think would be a lot more effective, but I’ll give it another week at least and re-evaluate. I’ve been doing extra stretching/yoga after each workout and so far I don’t see much loss in flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment