Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 12: CARDIO POWER AND RESISTANCE

Man, I loathe Tanya. I want to sucker-punch her, with all of those goofy facial expressions. None of the other participants bug me in the least but her. But it motivates me, you know? I have to beat Tanya, 'cause she sucks.

Last night found me alone on the couch with a box of Cap'n Crunch, and I'm sorry to report that there were indecent acts, and not just in the second or third degree.

Regardless, morning came and so did the death train that is Cardio Power and Resistance. Well, this one hasn't gotten any easier and I'm sure last night didn't help. I did fairly well, though; about like last time. The warmups are luckily starting to feel like warmups. My power jumps have gotten a little higher and faster, which is good. The globe jumps also aren't as intimidating. The walking pushups are about the point where I start to lose it, though, and I find my buns creeping up in the air during the floor sprints. I'm probably "getting mine," because I'm forever walking around to my yoga students during class and telling them to lower their buns and engage their uddiyana bandha (In Shaun-speak, engage the core) while in plank position.

I have some delicious cabbage kofta waiting for me as soon as I can down the rest of this recovery drink and take a shower. I have found myself gloriously alone all day on a Saturday, as the rest of the family is skiing. And now that I've served my time for the day, I'm a free woman. By the way, cabbage kofta: Baked dumplings made of shredded cabbage, besan [chickpea flour], fresh cilantro, oil, and spices simmered in a tomato-based creamy curry sauce. I love the cooking videos on Manjula's Kitchen (Indian vegetarian).

No comments:

Post a Comment