Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 16: CARDIO CIRCUIT (and Results, Part 2)

I think I finally fixed the commenting ...? I can't tell for sure and didn't know it wasn't working. Stupid ads.

First, PCC is probably my favorite of the four from month 1, and I was actually looking forward to it today. No soreness today even though I did Insane Abs yesterday and then taught a "fire" flow yoga class last night; I think I'm fully broken-in. I love the mostly aerobic intervals on PCC, especially the ones he tacks on at the end with the flying fists. Usually I get my second wind and pour it on there, but today my steam ran out at the end.


Sean's great month-end photo check-in inspired me to see where I was at mid-week three. Here it is, the belly check. Yes, minor, but noticeable even with having eaten too much salt yesterday. That and my fit test results from yesterday, which I didn't expect to be as improved as they were, have definitely motivated me to keep going and believe that yes, even month 2 will be doable.

Here's my refined recovery drink recipe with a different flavor of juice (slightly less sugar and slightly more salt and adjusted for one quart). Ugh, I realized I made the first batch wrong and added only about half the amount of water I should have, so I was drinking some seriously syrupy stuff. No wonder it was so tasty. For a one-quart bottle (dissolve the salt/sugar in the hot water and then add the rest of the ingredients and shake):

4 T organic sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup peach-mango juice (100%)
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup hot water
3 1/2 cups cold water
(Per 8 oz.: 65 calories, 12.5 g carbohydrate, 116.9 mg sodium, 32.1 mg potassium, 3 g protein)

Coming tomorrow... more recipes!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Sara, that is quite an improvement for only 16 days! I'm sure this is inspiring for the ladies out there following along as well. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that in 16 days? Now I really can't wait for my DVD's to come!! Looks great, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica s.2:39 PM

    Sara, I am looking into purchasing the insanity dvds. I told my husband to find a work out dvd that he would do with me and this is the one he picked. He is a ton fitter then I am. I have lost 45 pounds and am trying to now work on becoming fit and getting rid of the last 25 pounds.I do not work out regularly... Do you have any advice?

    Sherwood@uwyo.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica,
    As long as you don't have a physical reason that Insanity won't work for you (i.e. bad knees/back) and are in good health, I don't see why you shouldn't give it a try. Did you watch the infomercial? You can see the whole thing on YouTube. You can see what's involved, and then if you still want to, then go for it!

    It doesn't matter how fit your husband is, because you'll both be doing your own thing during Insanity. His personal best may be to bang out 16 pushups to your 2 and he may jump twice as high or sprint twice as fast as you do, but you're both still working at your max. That's why it might be a great thing for you to do together.

    The structure and the motivation of doing it with your husband might be just what you need to get started and keep with it. It's only 60 days. Go for it. :) I hope my blog has a lot of helpful information for you. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete